Research Masters or PhD Scholarship
The PCRNV will be offering a Masters or PhD scholarship in 2015 for Victorian students that are able to conduct high quality research into palliative care leading to immediate patient benefit.
The scholarship holder will be supported at his/her full salary for the duration of a full-time PhD (three years) or Masters (two years) to undertake research in palliative care. The successful applicant: will be enrolled as Masters or PhD candidate at a Victorian University; will have the majority of the research funded by the PCRNV completed within Victoria and; whom the Primary supervisor and applicant/student are based at a Victorian University (co-investigators and/or collaborators may work interstate or internationally).
The scholarship scheme is the result of a partnership between the Victorian Cancer Agency (VCA) and the PCRNV, and is designed to build research capacity in Victoria.
Stipends for the scholarship will be in line with NHMRC rates and are as followed:
· Students with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): $ 37,807 per annum
· Students without a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS): $ 25,393 per annum
· Direct Research Costs: Students will be eligible to apply for $1,500 per annum to be used towards the purchase of consumables relevant to the scholarship.
· Conference Travel: Students will be eligible to apply for $750 per annum to be used towards travel relevant to the scholarship.
· Thesis Allowance: Students can apply for $500 in the final year of the scholarship to assist with costs associated with thesis preparation and presentation.
More information is available at: http://pcrnv.com.au/research-masters-or-phd-scholarship/
Applications for PCRNV Travel Grants are now OPEN
If you are a PCRNV member and would like to apply for a Travel Grant to attend a palliative care research conference, you may be eligible to apply for travel funding of up to $1,500.
To be eligible to apply for a PCRNV Travel Grant you must:
· be a PCRNV member
· have an abstract accepted for presentation at the meeting (either oral or poster)
· the maximum claim for travel within Australia is $750*
· the maximum claim for travel overseas is $1,500*
*Please note that PCRNV will reimburse grant holders after the event and that amounts can change without notice.
A selection panel will consider all eligible applications.
PCRNV will notify successful applicants by March 6th 2015.
How to Apply
Please send an electronic copy of the application form and a one page CV to email@example.com with the subject line “PCRNV Travel Grant Application”.
Applications close: January 30th 2015
More information is available at:
PALLIATIVE CARE RESEARCH NETWORK VICTORIA
6 Gertrude Street, PO Box 2900, Fitzroy VIC 3065 Australia
Tel: +61 3 9416 0000 Fax: +61 3 9416 3919
thank,s for posting.
have a nice day